Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hotel Test Run

So get this…my boss has several guests visiting our office from other countries (apparently visitors think our office is the best thing since sliced bread), and he’s burnt out from the nearby hotels in walking distance that we usually have guests stay, so he wants me and my coworker to “test” a few upscale hotels to see if they are up to par for the Head Dudes traveling in from overseas. Are you serious?? My assignment is to try a few hotels in Washington, DC, staying long enough to cover both a weekend and weekday, order room service and try out various hotel amenities….for free. Say what?!

So my first assignment is (no, I didn’t choose, my boss did) the Mandarin Oriental located in Southwest Washington, DC. I’ve only heard rumors about the luxury hotel and all have been fabulous. I made reservations for this weekend for hubby and the kids (why not share the fun).

Described as grand elegance within walking distance of Washington DC’s best sights, and ranked one of the top 100 hotels in the world, this 5 star hotel is sure to please, as least I hope.

Stay tuned for my adventure – after detailed review of the website and spa booking, I trust I won’t be disappointed!

No comments: