Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mandarin Update: Off to the Gaylord National

Quick update on my hotel test run project. You remember, I needed to test out a few hotels for office guests in from overseas - I promptly made my reservation at the lavish Mandarin Oriental hotel for me, hubby and the kids....NOT! After getting excited about the free hotel stay and my Cherry Blossom Ritual massage reservation, I find out that the hotel has a STRICT policy on kids staying in the room. Obviously, they don't factor in families with twins +1, because the Mandarin only allows 2 kids per guest room. Repeat - if you are traveling with kids, only 2 kids allowed (or else pay for another room). Bummer!

So I passed the Mandarin project off to our assistant, "K" - she quickly accepted my Cherry Blossom massage and enjoyed 3 nights at the 5-star hotel. I even tortured myself by dropping her off to check-in. The lobby is grand and screams 5-star excellence. "K" fully documented her stay: from the plush king size bed, LCD TV in the bathroom, perfect view of the city and turn down service that includes hot chocolate chip cookies and fresh berries (they had me at hello), she says that the Mandarin Oriental won't disappoint. Even at a whopping $500+ a night, she swears the service is worth it. I guess hubby and I will have to travel there minus kids.

Next stop: Gaylord National Resort at National Harbor

Update soon!

No comments: