Saturday, July 11, 2009

Long Time, No See

Ok, so has it REALLY been since April that I've last posted?!?!? Ahh - I've missed you all and hopefully you've missed receiving fabulous updates on girlfriend getaway ideas! I must say, life has taken me for quite a bit of a ride lately and while I've dreamed of relaxing, it hasn't always been possible.

BUT you know I'm always on the go! In the past few months, I celebrated Virginia Tourism's 40th anniversary with a kick-off party at Mt. Vernon and trip with 40 winners to a secret destination....mine turned out to be Virginia Beach! Very cool!








Business led me to Argentina and Chile...twice. International travel is always an adventure and provides a fresh way to see the world. Fine wine, hearty meals of beef and sunshine met me on my Latin American journey, as well as a quick run-in with the Chilean customs department over an apple (hey, I say Ipod, they say Apple...I MUST brush up on my Spanish :-)



I visited Detroit for an unexpected trip home. RIP Monte Evans.



Dance recitals and year end school activities took my June by storm. Every year I bang my head against the wall, wondering how I let myself get dragged into the long hours of volunteering, piles of tulle, early morning rehearsals, hair, makeup.....until I see the kids on stage. It's all worth it!













Last but not least, we kicked off the summer with Living La Diva Loca 2009 - Bahamas!! The Bahamas trip deserves its own post but I'll sum it up in a few words: girlfriends, pina coladas, togas, conch fritters and plenty of laughter.


Well, that's what I've been up to the past few months - what about you?

No comments: