Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New checked luggage policies - paying for extra bags?!?


Come on! Is it not enough that sky rocketing fuel costs are causing airline ticket prices to increase?? Just today, US Airways announces that travelers will be allowed one free suitcase and will be charged $25 for extra luggage (effective for travel after May 5, 2008). I don't know about you but I am ALWAYS at risk for paying for heavy luggage due to packing too many diva essentials - but knowing I have the "safety net" of bringing an extra bag, I can usually balance out the weight. United has already implemented this policy and I won't be surprised if others follow.


More details on US Airways new policy can be found here.


With this new rule in place, how's a Diva supposed to pack all of her necessities AND shop for goodies during her journey?? Tips on packing lighter, please share!

No comments: